Friday, July 3, 2009

My first shoot with the new gun

So now I had a shotgun I wanted to shoot it ASAP!!! Luckily the Fareham club was open the following day (a Sunday) so I took it down there and had a good old blast with it on a few of their practise stands and she shot beautifully… She came up to my shoulder smoothly, didn’t feel too heavy, and most importantly she didn’t kick like a mule!!! I shot about 50 – 60 clays with her that first day. Great stuff…. Unfortunately, I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem with cheek bruising when I shoot and although not as bad as some other guns I’ve tried I’m still getting it with my Miroku and I was hoping that a better fitting gun might have stopped that….. Must be my technique then and I’m lifting my head for some reason. Oh well, need to keep an eye on that and see if I can resolve that little problem…

When I got home I cleaned it for the first time and bloody hell it took ages!!!! I suppose as it was a new “toy” I wanted to try and do it properly and it ended up taking well over an hour!!! I’ve managed to get that down to a much more manageable time now and how I clean the gun will be a topic of another blog coming soon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment